Download File Size 246KB
Hire Agreement Form
Download File Size 459KB
Indigo Shire Insurance Request From
Download File Size 466KB
- Kitchen floor cleaned
- No damage to building or contents
- No cans, bottles or litter in hall surrounds
- Heaters, coolers and lights turned off
- Hall properly secured
Rates & Information for Hirers
Please read the hirers information outlined, the Hirers Agreement Form and the rates schedule to familiarise yourself with conditions of use. Please see our 'Bookings and Availability' page for booking details. All applicants must hold a current Public Liability Policy of Insurance for an amount of no less than ten million dollars ($10,000,000) and must produce evidence of such insurance to the Committee of Management. We have included a request form for 'Community Liability Insurance' through Indigo Shire Council if required.
When hiring the Beechworth Memorial Hall please note that the Hall is hired in a clean condition and must be left in this condition before your bond can be returned. This also applies to the foyer and the public toilets in the foyer.
The following is an inspection checklist for your convenience:
- All rubbish removed
- Tables and chairs stacked away
- Floors cleaned
- Carpets vacuumed
- Toilets cleaned
- Kitchen bench tops cleaned
Mopping the Hall Floor
Because the wooden floor in the main hall has an oil finish it must NOT be mopped with soap and water. Instead it must be cleaned with a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and methylated spirits. PLEASE DO NOT USE ANYTHING ELSE.
Depending on your usage other areas may need to be inspected. Brooms, dustpans, mops and a vacuum cleaner are available if required. Should you wish to employ professional cleaners both these firms are familiar with the Memorial Hall and would be happy to give you a quote.
1) Indigo Shire Council Tel 03 5728 8000 | 1300 365 003
2) Peter Bailey Cleaning Tel 03 5728 2220 | Mobile 0417 483 411
PLEASE NOTE: Major festivals and events are required to hire professional cleaners.
Advertising / Signage
All advertising and signage relating to the Memorial Hall and activities inside the Hall must conform to the Indigo Shire Planning Scheme and the necessary permits obtained from the Indigo Shire Office in advance of the activity or event. The hirer of the Hall or associates of the Hirer are prohibited by law from distributing handbills promoting activities or goods for sale in the Hall. Exact details are available from Indigo Shire on 03 5728 8000 or 1300 365 003.
Please ensure all lights are switched off at end of the function.
- Main Hall lights are controlled by switches next to power box near exit door on stage.
- Supper Room lights are controlled by switches inside the double entrance doors.
- Kitchen lights are controlled switches to the left of the first door to the main hall.
- Foyer lights are to be left on at all times for security.
Heating / Cooling
Hall heating costs are to be borne by the hirer. Please ensure that controls are switched off at end of the function.
- Main Hall air conditioner controls are inside the door to lighting control room in foyer and next to power box near exit door on stage. Heating controls (with instructions) are on the wall near the stage steps opposite the exit sign.
- Supper Room cooling/heating controls are opposite double entrance doors.
- Kitchen fan switches are located to the left of the first door to the main hall.